J/Boats J/45 Cruiser
Type:Sail Boat - Cruiser, Cruiser-Racer
Introducing an exciting, new 45’ offshore sailing yacht that may change all of your sailing plans. Leading-edge hull design meets refined interior design to raise the bar on cruising comfort and performance like no J before it.
Effortless, Enjoyable Sailing
The J/45 is a true sailing yacht, designed and built for the sea by life-long bluewater sailors. The J/Boats and J/Composites teams have collaborated to create a special design for discerning sailors seeking an exceptional sailing experience.
The J/45’s feather-light touch on the helm and easy reach of the sail controls delivers pure enjoyment as you sail in perfect balance across the ocean waves. The J/45 can be sailed solo, cruised by 2-3 couples or large family, and pleasure sailed or raced with room for the whole crew. This is an investment grade yacht that won’t require a professional crew to sail, handle or maintain.
Comfort at Sea and at Anchor
The J/45’s sea-kindly motion and comfort is built-in. The combination of advanced composite construction, an easily-driven hull shape, and low center-of-gravity, results in the stability and smooth sailing motion normally reserved for larger yachts. Quality matters and the J/45 makes no compromise when it comes to critical components like the composite materials, keel, spars, winches and deck hardware, that all contribute to a comfortable motion while sailing.
Comfort at sea is also a function of how much “effort” is exerted by the crew. With the J/45, the same main and jib combination that performs in 6 knots of wind can be “de-powered” to perform in 20 knots - no sail change needed. This cuts crew work in half compared to constant sail-changing needed on heavier cruisers. The J/45’s exceptional light air sailing capability also means less engine time and a longer range between stops.
The same secure and protected cockpit at sea then transforms into the social center while at anchor - comfortable seats with back rests, large cockpit table, and easy swimming access off the transom. A large companionway dodger connected to an aft bimini provides protection from the elements.
Length at water line:12.65m
Hull material:GRP - sandwich
Energy and propulsion
Engine power:60 or 75 Hp (hp)
Fuel tank size:200 l
Shore connection power:Yes
• Volvo 60CV or 75CV Saildrive inboard diesel engine (see price list), exchanger cooling, 115 AH alternator.
• Engine control panel at starboard helm station, including rev counter, hour meter and oil pressure, battery and temperature indicators.
• Fuel tank 200 liters.
• Insulated engine compartment with ventilation ducting to the transom.
ELECTRICAL AND SANITARY INSTALLATION
• Manual bilge pump in the cockpit.
• Electric bilge pump with automatic or manual level switch with dedicated control and indicator.
• 2 shower drain pumps with filter.
• Pressurized water system with expansion tank.
• 2 stainless water tanks (total: 350 liters).
• Ice box drain.
• Water heater capacity 24 liters.
• 2 Marine toilets.
• 2 x 115 AH gel type & 1 x 70 AH for the engine, with load distributor and battery switch.
• 12V electrical panel with fuel gauge, voltmeter and ammeter.
• 220V electrical panel with general circuit breaker.
• Adjustable overhead and cabin lights in all cabins.
• Overhead light in heads.
• LED ambiance and courtesy lighting in the main cabin, along the joinery.
• LED lights for navigation, anchor light, sun light.
• The rigging is grounded for lightning protection.
• Battery charger.
• 220V cockpit plug-in socket with 20m cable.
• 220V outlet ing the nav station, galley, and each sleeping cabin.
CE Certification:Category A - Ocean