Type:Sail Boat - Cruiser, Cruiser-Racer
NEW DEHLER 42 FOR SALE
To build a yacht like the Dehler 42, you have to be a sailor through and through. Only those who dedicate their life to this wonderful sport will always stay true to their values and develop each yacht with equal commitment, innovative power and precision. At Dehler, we have been doing this for more than 50 years.
The Dehler 42 is as changeable as a chameleon. Touring yacht, performance cruiser, regatta racer – her speed performance can be increased as you like and adapts completely to your personal sailing style. Even below deck, all options are open. Offering a huge variety of cabin layouts and materials, we keep our promise: the Dehler is whatever you make it.
EASY TO SAIL
On a Dehler 42, great sailing comfort is part of the basic equipment. It comes, for example, with the German Mainsheet System: both ends of the mainsheet are taken to separate winches. Now the sheet is within immediate reach on each side of the cockpit. You will always maintain full control of the mainsail without leaving the helm.
HARD TO BEAT
Just a few modifications and your luxurious performance cruiser will be turned into a pure regatta yacht. For smaller and bigger crews, for the all-day-races with friends and jetty neighbours – or simply for your very private sporty ambitions. Have fun.
CHARACTER THAT MEETS THE EYE
The Dehler 42 is many things: an exquisite apartment at sea, a piece of high-tech sports equipment – and due to her design, a distinctive commitment to the unadulterated kind of sailing.
The distinct, clean-cut deck design catches your eye at first glance. All the winches, cleats, rollers and many smart details more are positioned just in the right places, so everything will be close at hand when sailing in a sporty way.
Innovative vacuum-infusion technology in the Dehler 42 ensures that the 12.42-metre-long hull, is 20 percent stiffer than conventional constructions. Dehler also goes a step further, combining vacuum-infusion technology with the full-sandwich construction, which includes the use of premium sandwich laminate below the waterline. This means you’ll enjoy a huge leap in weight savings. Another highlight is the steep stem, which extends the waterline and thus lets you experience a boost in hull speed.
Making our rig of the high-tech material carbon provides decisive advantages: the mast is longer, lighter and stiffer than the standard alu mast. It enlarges the sail area which increases the sailing performance in rough seas and light winds. In addition, the carbon parts are more weather-resistant than aluminium.
Thanks to our diverse range of configuration options, you can perfectly adapt your Dehler 42 to your yachting waters and manner of sailing. Choose from four keel types: from shallow water to a performance version with an extremely low centre of gravity. If you want it even sportier, opt for the carbon rig instead of aluminium. When it comes to achieving optimal speeds with downwind courses, your Dehler 42 lets you select from three different sails.
- GRP hull, isophthalic gelcoat, colour: Signal White (RAL 9003), 1st layer vinylester resin with PVC foam core built in vacuum infusion
- Waterline and cove line, isophthalic gelcoat, colour: Dark Blue (RAL 5004)
- T-keel, cast iron, standard draft: 2.15m
- GRP rudder with sea-water resistant aluminium shaft and selfaligning bearings
LAYOUT & INTERIOR
- A1: Master cabin with double V-berth, hanging locker and shelves
- B1: Saloon with L-galley, dining area on stb and sofa with sliding chart table on port - separate head with shower stall on port
- C1: Aft cabin with double berth, locker and storage on stb, large storage space on port with entrance from head 2-burner gas stove, waste bin, 12 V fridge approx. 130 l, double stainless steel sink with mixing tab
- Interior furniture in high quality marine plywood, satin varnish
- Dehler companionway closing system
- Saloon table, folding with stowage
- Worktop in galley, White
- SLS - Scenario light system touch screen controller with dimmer for saloon
WOOD (FURNITURE, FLOORBOARD)
- Furniture - Mahogany
- Floorboard - Australian Acacia
UPHOLSTERY, CARPETS & CURTAINS
- Mattrasses for all berths
- Upholstery Baltic (colour selection)
- Upholstery Piping (colour selection)
DECK & OUTSIDE EQUIPMENT
- GRP deck with antslip surface, isophthalic gelcoat, colour: Signal White (RAL 9003), 1st layer vinyl ester resin with balsa sandwich core. Cockpit locker on port, stern locker on port and stb, anchor locker at bow.
- Side decks and cockpit bottom, gelcoat colour: Signal White (RAL 9003)
- Teak on coach roof
- Teak on cockpit benches
- Twin wheel steering system with emergency tiller
- 2 stainless steel steering wheels with leather cover
- Pulpit and pushpit, stainless steel
- Railing, incl. stanchions and stainless steel wire
- Halyards and control lines with organizers and jammers on coach roof, 4 retractable mooring cleats, handrail on coach roof
- 2 LEWMAR 45 Race manual halyard winches
- 2 LEWMAR 45 Race manual secondary winches
- 2 LEWMAR 45 Race manual mainsheet winches
- Swimming ladder
- Life raft storage
- Rub rail, aluminium
- Bow fitting with anchor roller
- Genoa tracks, incl. cars, adjustable from cockpit
- German mainsheeet system with adjustable traveller
- 4 deck hatches - openable, anchor locker hatch
- 6 deck coach roof windows - openable, portlights in cockpit sides for aft cabins
RIG & SAILS
- Rig, anodized aluminium, keel stepped incl.: dyform rigging, running rigging, kicker, manual jib furler below deck, "Dehler Quick Reefing System", manual backstay tensioner
- ELVSTRÖM FCL performance sails - full battened, triradial, main and jib
NAVIGATION & INSTRUMENTS
- 2 illuminated compasses at steering pedestal
- Navigation lights - LED
- Fuel tank, approx. 160 l
- Engine (Diesel, approx. 29 hp) - saildrive, 2 blade folding propeller
- 12 V and 230 V electric system with main panels, 12 V and 230 V socket and 230 V shore power.
- AGM battery set - capacity: Starter battery: 1 x 90 Ah, service battery: 1 x 160 Ah
- Country Version: EU / AUS
- Battery charger 35 A
- Manual toilet with sea water flush (B layout)
- Shower unit in cockpit, warm-/coldwater
- LPG gas system, stowage for 1 bottle
- Blackwater system (appr. 35 l) with deck extraction and seacock for head Freshwater system with electric pump and 20 l hotwater, heated by main engine
- Fresh water tank, appr. 315 l
SHIPPING & TRANSPORT
- CE - Certificate cat. A - 10
- Owners manual
- EC - Type Examination Certificate
Length at water line:11.5m
Hull material:GRP - sandwich
Energy and propulsion
Engine power:29hp (hp)
Fuel tank size:160 l
Shore connection power:Yes
Main sail:Elvström Sails 52,5m²
Genuas:Elvström Sails Furling Jib 105% 41,00m²
Spinnaker:standard 120.00 m²
Gennaker:standard 120.00 m²
CE Certification:Category A - Ocean
Designer:Judel / Vrolijk & co